Please note that in order for the domestic rates to be applicable the Sri Lankan Identity card or the local resident VISA should be produced upon check in at the hotel. In case of group bookings, please note that individual room guest will have to produce the above mentioned identification in order for domestic rates to be applicable.
Managing the carbon footprint by implementing best practices in terms of energy, green cover, transport, resource management and getting involved in replanting the seeds of a healthy environment is one of the key commitments in sustainable policy of the Heritance Kandalama.
We have been having energy, water & waste management programmes always, this was further strengthened introducing other best practices such as renewable energy technologies with substantial investments to reduce carbon emissions. These strategies were implemented as an initiative responding to climate change.
A few of our carbon reduction actions are,
We monthly monitor the carbon footprint of the hotel & carbon emitted by the guests per guest night. Targets are set and monitoring is done with performance reviewed monthly for continuous improvement. The estimated targets for combine energy and environmental impacts are 10% reduction of total energy consumption, 10% reduction of water consumption and 20% reduction of solid waste.
Heritance Kandalama also joined the Greening Sri Lanka Hotels programme conducted by the Ministry of Tourism (MoT), Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority (SLSEA) and the Responsible Tourism Partnership (RTP) to learn new methodologies and share our best practices in optimizing energy efficiency and natural resources sustainability actions with the Sri Lanka’s Hotel industry. We received a special certificate from the Ministers of Environment, Tourism and Energy for ‘Exceptional Contribution to Environment Conservation demonstrating continued efforts in Optimising Energy Efficiency and Natural Resources Sustainability in Sri Lanka hotels industry in 2010’.
Bio mass plant alone reduces CO2 500 tonnes every year. It is environmentally friendly in many fronts.
We have entered in to a partnership to validate our carbon emission reduction so that we can work towards offering a carbon neutral holiday for our guests.